Have you heard?June is Alzheimer’s &Brain Awareness Month. The Alzheimer’s Association is asking people across the world to take the Purple Pledge and join the international conversation about Alzheimer’s disease. Everyone who has a brain is at risk to develop Alzheimer’s, the only leading cause of death that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
Take the Purple Pledge today at alz.org/alzpledge and do one or more of the following:
- Wear purple throughout the month and especially on Sunday, June 21 – The Longest Day
- Ask friends and family to take the pledge and join the cause.
- Turn your Facebook profile picture purple
- Sign up to be an advocate
- Donate to advance Alzheimer’s care, support and research.
You’ll hear more soon from our VP of Programs, Ginny Helms, about what she’s doing this month to keep her brain healthy and we’d love to hear your ideas too!
An estimated 47 million people worldwide are living with Alzheimer’s or another dementia. You can help. Visit alz.or/alzpledge to get started.